Why use Disperse?
The native 3ds Max painting tool has limitations. Our scene optimised freehand paint brush disperses 3d geometry anywhere in your scene and on any surface with efficient scene management and object orientation control.
Think of this as a simple painting tool where you select the objects you wish to paint, set their combined percentage ratio, and paint. You can transform, add and erase objects by type as well as exporting to edit mesh.
If you wish to reuse a 3D brush for future use, you can save/load from the Disperse Library Presets. This saves all associated objects, textures etc to the library so you can reuse anytime.
- Paint any 3d geometry, proxy, point cache.
- Add as many objects to a brush as you like.
- Objects can be edited, erased individually or as selections.
- Optimises scene by converting to single mesh as you paint.
- Colour and texture variation.
- Spline and Camera clipping.
- Export back to edit mesh.
- Save brush presets to Disperse Library.
- No licence needed for render farms
Requirements & Supported Software
- Static MacID
- Autodesk 3ds Max 2015 - 2020
- Optimised for VRay (recommend build 3.60.04). Does not support V-Ray RT. (other renderers supported soon). Please note, Disperse is designed for 3D painting and not for a replacement for scattering over vast areas.
- Use for localised 3D painting and not scatter over vast areas.
Try / BuyAvailable for 30-day free trial. See price page for subscriptions.